We provide private client services combining the best of traditional service standards with modern advancements to cater for the dynamic world we live in today. We work with individuals, families, charities, religious organisations and trusts on a range of legal issues.
One of the main services we offer is assisting our clients to manage, preserve and transfer their wealth to future generations either for the benefit of their families or for society at large through wills, trusts, disposition of assets or gifts depending on the particular client’s objective.
In all cases, we got the extra mile to understand our clients’ goals in order to develop effective solutions to what are usually complex or multifaceted legal problems and all while maintaining a close level of confidentiality.
Our Firm has a multi-disciplined team of lawyers who are able to provide comprehensive advice on a myriad of issues. Our private clients are therefore also able to draw on the expertise from lawyers in the other specialised departments of the Firm to compliment the advices and services provided to them.
Private client legal services include:-
- Wills and Probate – The preparation of Wills for both Kenyan and, in consultation with clients foreign lawyers, foreign estates; Estate Planning; obtaining Probate of estates, including the administration and vesting of assets; handling contested litigious estate matters.
- Private Trusts – Advising on and preparing Private Trusts (e.g. for maintenance, children, property) and Public Trusts (e.g. for charities, conservation).
- Property Transactions – Individual sales and purchases of property; including Residential and Commercial leases.
- Employment/Criminal proceedings matters – Advising on personal employment law issues and being involved in the defence of senior employees of our established clients in conjunction with external Criminal Law specialists.
- Executorship/Trustee Services – Partners of the Firm are frequently appointed as Attorneys/ Trustees and or Executors for purposes of dealing with trusts or estates, particularly for overseas clients.