- D&I provides a full range of financial legal services for several Kenyan and multinational banks and financial institutions and acts on their behalf in connection with their implementation of banking and project finance loan agreements and securities in respect of:
- Fixed Assets
- Moveable Assets
- Book Debts
- Conditional Sales
- Non-performing Assets
The securities range from simple charges and debentures to guarantees and complex debenture trust deeds and related ISDA SWAP documents.
We also prepare standard form documentation for banks and other financial institutions.
Partners in the Firm have also advised upon and acted on a variety of Asset Leasing (e.g. Aircraft, Motor vehicles, Plant, Asset and Equipment) transactions.
The Firm is also acting as legal advisers to development agencies, micro-finance and sector development projects, advises on project and agreement structures and undertakes the preparation of complex loan and security documentation to enable project implementation.
Meet or contact a member of the Finance and Banking Team:
Indicative Work Experience
- Provision of legal advisory services to International Finance Corporation, CDC and DEG in connection with the financing of Tsavo Power Company Limited, Kenya’s first project financed independent power producer.
- Provision of legal advisory services to Gulf Power Limited in connection with the proposed project financing by International Finance Corporation, Standard Bank of South Africa and OPEC Fund for International Development for the building of a locally owned independent power plant.
- Provision of legal advisory services to International Finance Corporation in connection with funding of the Photovoltaic Market Transformation Initiative.
- Provision of legal advisory services to Kinangop Wind Park Limited in connection with proposed project financing by CFC Stanbic Bank Limited and OPEC Fund for International Development for a wind power project.
- Provision of legal advisory services to Standard Bank PLC and Norton Rose in connection with the proposed financing in the maximum principal amount of USD150,000,000.00 to Hass Petroleum Kenya Limited, a licensed oil and petroleum trader in Kenya; preparation of the specific asset debenture; preparation of the legal opinion on the agreements and debenture security; attending to stamping and registration formalities of relevant documentation.
- Provision to Commercial Bank of Africa Limited of all legal advisory services in connection with the proposed financing in the maximum principal amount of USD10,000,000.00 to Hashi Energy Limited, a licensed oil and petroleum trader in Kenya and preparation of all bank security documentation in relation to the financing.