In today’s global and highly dynamic economy, employment law matters are slightly less straightforward than they used to be. The firm provides versatile, high quality and insightful commercial advice on all aspects of employment law.
We have acted for both Employers and Employees in advising on Kenyan law employment issues (both in contentious and non-contentious matters) and this has given us a valuable understanding of the employment relationship. We appreciate the need to maintain stable and mutually-beneficial employment relationships and have a proven record in assisting clients in all aspects of employment law including drafting and advising on:
- contracts for employees, senior managers and independent consultants of various Kenyan and non Kenyan organisations;
- hiring and firing of employees, including advising on fair, unfair, constructive and summary dismissal;
- redundancy and trade dispute provisions;
- Collective Bargaining Agreement Negotiations and Registrations;
- Kenyan HIV/AIDS law and the minimum medical requirements in relation to employees, which is increasingly becoming an important issue.
- employee share incentive plans, share option and share ownership schemes and the Kenyan filing requirements in respect of such schemes.
We also represent our Clients (both employers and employees) in disputes before the Industrial Court.
The Firm also advises on all aspects of Immigration Law relating to the employment of Non-Kenyan including, making the appropriate applications for Visas, Special Passes, Entry Permits and Dependent’s Passes for accompanying family members as appropriate.