Nishit is a Partner at the Firm.
He was formerly a Partner at Inamdar and Inamdar Advocates and a Staff Legal Officer at the Ministry of State for Defense. He started his legal career as a Trainee Advocate at SP Anand & Co. Advocates in Pune, India and then as a Pupil at Makecha & Co. Advocates in Nairobi.
Areas of Practice
Nishit’s main practice areas are Commercial Contracts, Business Set-up, Corporate Restructuring, Company Incorporations, Property Law, Private Client Services, Criminal Litigation, Admiralty and Maritime Law and International Trade.
Nishit is a Lecturer at the University of Nairobi, Mombasa Law Campus, where he teaches Public International Law, International Law of the Sea and International Shipping Law. Among the topics he lectures on are; Maritime Security and Warfare, International Humanitarian Law/ Law of Armed Conflict, Law of Succession, Law of the Sea and International Maritime Law.
Nishit has obtained a Masters of Laws in International Maritime Law with Distinction from the IMO- International Maritime Law Institute.
Nishit has been involved in a number of publications, including: Piracy, A Challenge for Kenya; International Maritime Law Institute Journal, 2006 and Joinder of Proceedings and Appointment of Judges ad hoc at the International Court of Justice; International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea, 2009.
- Member of the Mombasa Law Society
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary (K), Commissioner for Oaths, Notary Public
Indicative Work Experience
- Advising a leading Oil and Gas Company on Licensing and intended purchase of Land in Lamu County for purposes of sinking exploratory hydrocarbon wells.
- Advising on acquisition and subdivision of large parcels of greenfield land and subsequent sale of the subdivisions. Projects handled include Coral Estate One in Kikambala, Lamu Port Investments Limited, Hindi Lamu.
- Structuring and advising on large condominium type residential complexes including structuring the ultimate disposal system for units and subsequent sales of the units. Projects handled include Aum Towers Limited, Mombasa.
- Other large sales of real estate for private clients, such as the sale of a one-acre Prime Property in Kizingo for Pandya K and purchase of a 2940 Hectare Ranch in Witu Lamu for Alperton Holdings Limited.
- Acting for a large number of private clients in the leasing of various premises, such as Dynamics Limited (Warehouses in Mavoko sub-county) and Combined Warehouses Limited (Mombasa).
- Preparation of legal opinions on all aspects of maritime law.