Kananu is a Partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Department of the Firm, and is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with over 10 years’ experience in Dispute Resolution.
She was admitted to the bar in 2007 and joined Daly & Inamdar Advocates in January 2016 as a Partner. Kananu has had work experience at White & Case, Slaughter & May and Stephenson Harwood in London.
Areas of Practice
Kananu represents clients in all areas of Commercial Dispute Resolution. She acts as a party representative and also conducts Arbitrations and Mediations.
She has particular expertise in Property Development and Construction Disputes, Tax Claims against the Kenya Revenue Authority and general Commercial Dispute Resolution work.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Indicative Work Experience
- Successful negotiation of payment by the KRA of a tax refund claim worth KES 1 billion due to a multinational horticultural farm having initiated proceedings against the authority.
- Representing a global cement manufacturer in an international arbitration against a Kenyan importer for KES 103 million.
- Representing a telecom company in its acquisition by other telecos in a bid by employees to frustrate the sale, negotiating settlement, devising and implementing the strategy for settlement.
- Risk advisory opinions for global pharmaceutical companies in relation to policy and procedures.
- Winding up of a local oil company indebted to a Dubai based investor for the recovery of a debt of KES 103 million.
- Successful negotiation of a settlement of a dispute between a developer and transactional advisor in respect of a mixed-use development valued at KES 1 billion.