Harpreet is a Partner in the Property & Real Estate Department of the Firm and an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. She graduated with an LLB (Hons) in law from the University of Cardiff, Wales, and joined Daly & Figgis as a Pupil. She was admitted to the Bar in 2005 and has been a Partner at Daly & Inamdar since 2011.
Harpreet has been ranked twice as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Women in Kenya by the Business Daily, and has also been ranked an Up and Coming lawyer by Chambers Global 2017.
Areas of Practice
Harpreet’s practice encompasses all aspects of Property, Real Estate and Probate Law. She has been involved in the drafting of commercial leases, commercial sales, mortgages, sale of shares in companies, complex development work and property work for private clients.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya Conveyancing Committee
Indicative Work Experience
- Acting for Keniaku Limited in establishing the framework of their multi-million dollar development in Malindi, Billionaire Resort and the subsequent sales of the apartment units, as well as other commercial purchases of shares in companies.
- Acting for Tamarind Management Limited in their involvement in the development known as Tamarind Tree Rosslyn. Work included drafting of the lease in respect of the sale of suites in the development, and the subsequent sale of these suites to various purchasers.
- Acting for Bussem Limited in the conversion of Yaya Apartments into Yaya Hotel.
- Acting for RMA Motors Kenya Limited in the negotiation of the lease of their main showroom in Nairobi and various other leases.
- Acting for Mayfair Holdings Limited in the internal restructuring of the properties held by the Mayfair Group.
- Acting for various landlords in commercial leases. Some of the commercial buildings handled by Harpreet include the Fedha Management Limited portfolio such as Fedha Valley Arcade, Fedha Plaza and Emperor Plaza; the Jubilee Insurance Company of Kenya property portfolio such as Jubilee Insurance Exchange, Place and House in the Central Business District and Mombasa; the PDM Kenya Limited portfolio such as Nation Centre and IPS Building; The Yaya Centre; Capital Centre Nairobi and Delta Towers Nairobi.