Victor is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of the Firm.He is a qualified Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He is also an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Kenyan Chapter.
Victor obtained his LLB (Hons.) from the Kampala International University, Uganda, in 2007 and was admitted to the Roll of Advocates in 2009. He joined Daly & Inamdar in 2019 as a Senior Associate.
Areas of Practice
Victor’s main areas of practice are Civil and Commercial litigation in Employment Law, Land Law, Environmental Law, Debt recovery, Defamation, Competition Law, Family and Succession Law, Banking, Insurance matters, and Legal Compliance disputes.Victor represents clients in all dispute resolution forums including the Court of Appeal, the High Court and various quasi-judicial tribunals.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of The East Africa Law Society
- Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Kenyan Chapter
Indicative Work Experience
- Acting for an international education company in Employment and Labour dispute claims. Successfully shielded the company against multiple potentially liable suits for damages arising from unlawful termination claims.
- Successfully prosecuting a derivative action suit and settling a substantial shareholders dispute concerning the sale of their company’s stake in an Information Technology company.
- Acting for an international education company in a Judicial Review action against arbitrary application of Laws and administrative actions. Successfully shielded the company against illegal unwarranted closure of its schools.
- Successfully defending a top tier bank in a multimillion shillings value land transaction and protecting the financial institution’s rights of recovery under the contract.
- Successfully representing a multinational NGO in arbitration proceedings involving a multimillion shillings project and successfully protecting its rights in the project.
- Defending a former foreign ambassador in a high-profile employment dispute and successfully obtaining a Court order declaring the claims as frivolous.
- Successfully representing a leading insurance entity at the Court of Appeal in a commercial dispute and obtaining a Court order dismissing the appeal filed against it.