Grace is a Senior Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department of the firm.
She is a qualified Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. She also holds qualifications as Certified Public Secretary (CPS) and Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Grace obtained her LLB (Hons.) from the University of Nairobi in 2004 and was admitted as an Advocate of Kenya in 2011. She joined Daly & Inamdar (then Daly & Figgis) in 2014.
Areas of Practice
Grace’s main areas of practice are Civil and Commercial litigation in Employment Law, Environmental Law and Debt recovery. Grace represents clients in all disputes resolution tribunals including the Court of Appeal, High Court and various quasi-judicial tribunals.
- Member of The Law Society of Kenya
- Member of The East Africa Law Society
- Member Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Member Association of Women Accountants of Kenya (AWAK)
Indicative Work Experience
- Acting for an international non-governmental organization in Employment and Labour dispute claims. Successfully shielded the organization against multimillion potential liability in damages for unlawful termination.
- Successfully defending, as part of a team, a derivative action and settling a substantial shareholders dispute concerning the sale of their company’s stake in a paint manufacturing group.
- Successfully representing a charitable international organization in claims of unfair redundancy processes by providing comprehensive legal responses to complex demands and neutralizing threatened legal action.
- Successfully representing a multinational consumer goods company before the Kenya Industrial Property Institute Tribunal in enforcing intellectual property rights.
- Defending a governmental authority in a high profile employment dispute and negotiating favourable out of Court settlement terms for the authority.
- Successfully representing a leading telecommunications entity at the Court of Appeal in a land dispute and obtaining dismissal of an appeal lodged against the entity.